4/26/11

Live your best life today

While S.O.A.P.ing this morning I thought this might encourage you in your life and walk today.

Psalms 101:2b I will lead a life of integrity in my own house.

This was the desire of King David as he wrote this psalm, and he gives us some key points as to how to do this.  I can't think of a better or more needed place to live a life of integrity than in our homes.  I know that I've been tempted to "slack off" and view my home as a place to get away rather than a place to really live my life well.  When I think about it, the home is the best and most important place to live that life of integrity.  It's where it all starts.  Jesus wants to start working in your home.   Here's what David said:

 First the don'ts
  • v. 3 Don't look at wrong images:
    -TV and internet, caution.
    -Images stick in our minds.
    -Say "yes" to God and He'll help you say "no" to the junk.
  • Choose friends wisely:
    -You become like them.
    -Don't underestimate the power of this truth.
  • v. 4 Reject perverse ideas:
    - Fill your mind w/ God ideas.
    -Read the Bible for God's ideas.
  • Don't endure pride and conceit.:
    -It's not about you.
    -Some never get this, you must if you are going to prosper.
Now the Do's
  • v. 6 Have faithful people for friends-Get in a small group, asap.
    -These kinds of friends are like gold in your life.
    -These friends have a genuine faith and encourage you in yours.
  • v. 8 Work to bring freedom to others in your city.
    -You need to have a cause, and a purpose. 
    -Serve the Lord in your local church.
    -Find it and live it.

No comments: