10/16/07

Shooting for the Family







This past Friday several of us from the staff participated in a Skeet Shoot for The Louisiana Family Forum. The shoot was held at The Hunters Run Gun Club in Port Allen. Our 5-man team shot at many different stations and different challenging shots. We each shot 100 times and I have the bruise on my shoulder to prove it. I’m not much of a hunter but I enjoy shooting. One thing about shooting clays is that you have to be able to hit a moving target. The target was always moving either up or down, left or right, and high or low. It reminded me that following the Lord is like trying to hit a moving target. The Spirit of God is always on the move and we have to discern which way and where. I’m glad I had others there to help me when I didn’t get it right, make suggestions and in some cases take a shot while I watched so I could learn. We encouraged each other because we competed as a team. One could do great but if the rest struggled then the whole team score was affected. It’s a lot like living for God in a church. I’ve found that I struggle when I’m doing life on Bayou Self, for those who didn’t hear the sermon from Sept. 30, that means doing life by yourself. I did okay, better than I expected and better than I could have done by myself.

No comments: