10/3/07

Fruit that remains


The lady pictured with me is named Darnetta and she was an employee of the company which leased the suite where we watched the Saints-Titans game. In getting to know her that evening I found out that she had attended our church when it was called Faith Tabernacle and she also knew Dad very well. She said that she attended when they lived locally and that she visited with Dad about a sickness. He prayed and she never had another problem in that area again. How good is God? She asked about Dad and had great appreciation for him and his ministry. I thought about the lasting fruit that we can have when we sell out to fulfill God’s plan for our lives. My dad wasn’t born here but the plan of God brought him to this place. It was an encouragement to me to be faithful where the Lord has placed me because maybe one day one of my children will speak to someone who God ministered to through Vanessa and me. I encourage you to be faithful right where you have been planted. It has really validated ministry again for me because often the problems of our communities seem endless. Fruit that remains is what God is after. I’m happy to say that she is still serving the Lord after 20+ years and I got to meet her husband as well.

No comments: