2/9/10

S.O.A.P. on Romans 7-8

Here are some key thoughts that I think we have to live with in our minds:

1. Law only applies to the living. (verses 1-6)
  • We died to it's power in Christ.
2. Law is not bad, but sin took advantage of the laws commands and deceived me.
  • Sin used the law to kill me. (verses 7-13)
3. The trouble is not the law, the trouble is in me, the way I think. (verses 14-25)
  • The answer is Christ Jesus.
  • The battle is in my mind.
"I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind." Romans 7:22-23

4. I must begin each day with God's thoughts for me, not how I feel. (8:6)
  • When I start with how I feel, I will always end up in the wrong place.
  • When I begin with what God says about me, I will please God.
So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. Romans 8:6

No comments: