11/11/10

Thinking about the Live, Laugh Love series

I just happened to be walking by the room where cd's are made and talked to Sheila, who duplicates them for us, and saw that she was busy.  She told me that she had gotten a whole new bunch of requests for the series.  I know that families are hurting now, and knowing Christ and His teachings are the real answers for families.  It's funny how when families get in real binds that they turn to Christ in a crisis.  But truthfully, that's a great time to turn to Him.  I see the church with real answers, a church that's willing to boldly proclaim His message as a church that will be relevant to the family.  One of our core values is family, we believe that we've been called and raised up to offer hope to the families of Asc. Parish and the Baton Rouge area.
    My kids and I have been having this running dialogue about the new Call of Duty video game.  I'm apprehensive because of the violence.  We've quite frankly disagreed, and at times it's been very divisive.  Last night after XG, one of my kids texted me and I know that the Holy Spirit used XG's service to speak to his heart.  I'm so thankful for the family style, family oriented, family of God centered ministry that I get to serve.


19 So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. 20 Together, we are his house.....
Eph 2:19-20

No comments: