10/26/10

When God Speaks

Ever wonder what happens in us when God speaks?  Hearing God's voice can be a hot topic, but there is no doubt that God wants to and does speak to us.  Many people struggle over hearing the voice of God without being spooky and getting off track.  Some are convinced they can't but I want to share with you today what happens "When God Speaks"

I'm going to pull these thoughts out of my SOAPing this morning from the book of Daniel.

Daniel 10:10-11, 18-19


10 Just then a hand touched me and lifted me, still trembling, to my hands and knees. 11 And the man said to me, “Daniel, you are very precious to God, so listen carefully to what I have to say to you. Stand up, for I have been sent to you.” When he said this to me, I stood up, still trembling.
18
 Then the one who looked like a man touched me again, and I felt my strength returning.  19 “Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!” As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, “Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me.”
Here are 4 things that can help you to know the voice of God when, not if, He speaks to you.
1. God's voice is filled with love.
  • Notice that twice God spoke to Daniel to remind him that he was precious to God.  The voice of God will always be filled with love, even when He corrects us.  The Bible says that God is love, so His voice can convey nothing else.  
  • The voice of God, if it's God, will always cause you to feel loved by Him, always.
  • Too many people fall victim to the deceivers taunts that God doesn't love you, but it's not true, talk to Him and find out.
2. God's voice will always be personal.
  • God spoke to Daniel that "i have a message for you" , and "I've been sent to you".
  • God voice will not be vague or confusing, but He speaks directly into our lives and our situations.  
  • You will not wonder about whether He's speaking to you, it's so personal that you know it's for you.
  • A personal touch is God's plan to connect with you.
3.  God's voice is encouraging.
  • Very few people know how to be encouraging, but God voice always encourages.
  • Even in correction, the encouragement is there.
  • He spoke peace, strength and encouragement to Daniel at a time when he needed it the most.
  • God's voice will build you up like nothing else you can experience. 
  • If it's God, you will be encouraged.  
4. God's voice imparts faith.
  • Daniel said, "I'm strengthened and now I want to hear what You have to say."
  • Faith comes through hearing His voice.  His voice carries with it the spiritual faith to obey whatever He commands us to do.  
  • You will believe God after He talks with you, and you will belieive that He can help you to do what He's spoken.  
  • Make time to hear His voice today, so that you can be blessed.

No comments: