10/6/10

S.O.A.P. for Today

I love S.O.A.P.ing.  It's given me a fresh take on my times with the Lord in the mornings.  Let me recap for those who don't get the acronym.

S- Read a chapter from the reading guide or however you read and pick out 1 scripture that
    really speaks to you

O- write down any observations from your reading, there will be some about God, sin, the Holy
    Spirit, others, leaders, fools, wise, church, strength, whatever you see.

A- Your scripture verse should be viewed in terms of application. In other words ask yourself
     "How can I live this out today?" or "How can I do this today?"  Christianity is to be lived not
     just understood.

P- Pray and ask God to help you apply what you've seen and heard from Him.  Also, pray about
    any other needs in your life.

My S.O.A.P. verse today was:

6 Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning.  2 john 6

  • Loving God means obeying Him. LOVE = OBEDIENCE
  • God always has something for us to do.
  • Obeying God always results in me loving someone else.  Remember, it's all about loving  God and loving people.
  • Your obedience will always show love towards people, that's God's heart, His passion, and His focus: people.
  • This truth never changes, no matter how long we walk with God or to what level we rise in ministry.  
  • I'm loving God by responding to His call on my life to pastor HOF church.  When I obey His voice to lead in a specific direction, I'm loving God.  
  • When He prompts me to good works and I obey, I'm loving God.
  • I've got to hear His voice in order to follow His command.  That's why I S.O.A.P.

No comments: