5/26/11

#2 of the 5 regrets of the Dying

Yesterday, I started a series of posts entitled "5 Regrets of the Dying"  by Bronnie Ware.  Here's my thoughts behind it.  I think there would be alot to learn from those who have had to face their worst fears, mistakes and eternity.  I think it will help put our lives into perspective and gives us a chance to live our lives without as many regrets.  So here's #2:


2. I wish I didn’t work so hard. 

"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children’s youth and
their partner’s companionship. Women also spoke of this regret. But as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence.  By simplifying your lifestyle and making conscious choices along the way, it is possible to not need the income that you think you do. And by creating more space in your life, you become happier and more open to new opportunities, ones more suited to
your new lifestyle. "

  • I think every man should understand this about life.  Giving the best of your life to some company instead of to Christ and your family will leave you empty later in life.
  • Understand, you have to work, I get that.  But who gets your best? Who gets the leftovers?
Mark 8:36-37(NLT)
36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?t 37 Is anything worth more than your soul? 

Ask the Lord to help you redefine what is needed for a happy, fulfilled, joyful life.  I think you will find that it's not what is portrayed to us in the media.  You can have your best life now, with His help and by His grace.  At the end of the day it will be the relationships in your life that will make you a wealthy person.  

No comments: