6/13/07

Now these are my friends

Jesus spoke to his “friends” that we often call disciples and told them they were His friends because he told them everything the Father had told Him from John 14:15. That is a new slant on friendship; it’s someone you can tell everything that God tells you. I would not be where I am today is it weren’t for my friends. I had the opportunity to eat with my friend, Greg Surratt, from Sea Coast Church Saturday night after he spoke at HPC. He told me some things that God had showed him that I needed to hear. He spoke to a concern that I had in the ministry and I felt like it was one of those “divine” appointments set up by the Holy Spirit. It was arranged by another friend, Pastor Dino, who was out of the country ministering. Just last night another friend of mine, Kennis Smith, from DeRidder came by and we had dinner together. He’s another friend, and I love to talk to him because he tells me what God’s saying to him and doing there at his church. Tonight after church another friend of mine is going to stay with me. He’s preaching at HPC and we’ll spend the morning telling each other what we feel God is doing and saying to us. I talk a lot during the course of a day, but the richest times that I spend are the times when I get together with those who I can tell what God has spoken to me or they tell me what God has spoken to them. If you don’t have someone that you can tell what God’s telling you, you need a friend. God we need good friends.

No comments: