6/19/07

The Privilege of Praying







Last week, Connor and I were the guest of Sen. Jody Amedee to open the Louisiana Senate session in prayer. What an awesome privilege to pray over the men and women who make the decisions that govern the lives of the 4 million of us who live in the state. Since I’ve gotten older there has always been a desire in my heart to associate with great leaders. God has blessed me with the opportunity to be around some of the best of the church world as we have been graced with many in the immediate area. I guess God knew that tough places like Louisiana needed the best. Huey Long once said, “One day Louisianians will get good government, and when you do, you won’t like it.” I don’t believe that for a moment. The proverbs state that when the righteous rule, the people rejoice. I make it a habit to pray for good leadership as you should because what they do in our states capital affects the lives of everyone today and the lives of our children in the future. I prayed from the words of King Solomon, who is described by the Bible as the wisest man who ever lived. “Who by himself is able to govern this great people of Yours?” What a wise thought, who can govern by himself? I never want to try and lead without Jesus.

No comments: