6/22/07

XG Camp

The church has come so far in valuing youth and their importance to a church. In fact, I believe one of the signs of a healthy church is a vibrant youth ministry. I’m so thankful that my children will have the opportunity to be a part of what God is doing at HOF in Club Faith, Xplode and XG Youth Church. It’s often said that our children are our future, but in resources and emphasis another view of youth is portrayed. Vanessa and I usually go spend the Wed. night of camp with our youth to say to them, “you are important to us and we value you”. This past camp was at Nicholls St. in Thibodaux and Wade preached a phenomenal message on the night we attended. I know that God is at work in the hearts of our youth and I see their passion for God, their freedom in worship, and their conviction in committing. I believe that we need to speak the language of the young so they can run with the message of Christ’s love. Wade and Cynthia and their team do a tremendous job of speaking to that generation. I’m constantly reminded that the whole church doesn’t look like me, the church is young, vibrant, has hi-lighted hair, wears jeans w/ holes, rap their songs, and may be pierced or tattooed. If Jesus was willing to die for them, and they’ve accepted Him then I will love them and partner with them to see God move in our day and our time. I thinking about getting some red or blonde hi-lights, what do you think?

No comments: