11/20/07

Fruitful



Pictured is the fruit of my very own satsuma tree. Those of you who know me or hear me preach know that I’m not much of a farmer per se. I was required to help in the garden growing up, but never really acquired that green thumb. Shortly after we moved into our home my father planted a satsuma tree for us since we loved to eat the fruit of his trees and garden also. It reminds me once again that God is looking for fruitfulness from our lives. I didn’t plant the tree, have taken minimal care of it, and have really enjoyed the fruit it’s produced. It reminds me of my life, that I have a tree of life in me that someone else planted. I have done my part to tend it and care for it, and the fruit of a blessed life is precious to me. I have watched as my children have eaten the fruit of our tree. My goal is to partner with the Holy Spirit in planting a tree of life inside of them as my parents did for me, and one day see fruit from their tree that will be a blessing to others, maybe even my own grandkids. HOF is busy planting the seed of a tree of life in the people we minister among. If we will prepare our hearts and tend to our tree, fruit will grow that will satisfy the Father. We ate all those satsumas in about a day and a half. My guess is that everyone loves a good piece of fruit, I know I do.

No comments: