11/14/07

Meet Some Iron







Proverbs 27:17 tells us that, “As iron sharpens iron, so one friend sharpens anther.” I posted some pictures of some of the men who sharpen my life. We had the great opportunity to spend about 4 hrs. listening to Pastor Brian Houston of Hillsongs Church. I believe that what God has accomplished through him and that ministry has touched the world. I also got to enjoy the time with some of the greatest pastors that I personally know. God has allowed me to meet and spend time with some incredible people. They are responsible in large part for our lives. It started with my parents, and others in our church. I remember praying for a friend and Greg walked into the church one Sunday morning. I prayed again after being made senior pastor and met my good friend Jay Miller from Lafayette. We need iron in our life so we can be sharp. You’ll only be as sharp as the great conversations we have. Books are great, but nothing sharpens, shines, and buffs a person like real face to face conversation about things that matter. I love talking to men of God about church, it makes me better.

No comments: