12/7/07

WWII Museum




Today we did something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time, I took the staff to the WWII Museum in New Orleans. A good friend and pastor told me that it was an awesome leadership trip, so today we took the staff. The timing turned out to be great as today is Pearl Harbor Day, the anniversary of the bombing of Pear Harbor in Hawaii. I was reminded again of the monumental effort both stateside and on foreign soil that it took to keep our nation free. I couldn’t help but draw parallels to the battle that the church is engaged in against the gates of hell(which cannot stand against us). Maybe I’ll do a sermon series using the truths and principles that applied to that war that could apply to us today. I’d like to remember all who have served or who are presently serving our country in the military and say, thank you. HOF just recently was able to send some colors and paper to a military unit from LA to give out in Iraq and also included some Louisiana stuff and LSU to make the soldiers feel at home. I’m fired up to see the church begin to understand and act like part of an army on a mission with victory as our only option. We have no other choice but to win because the options are not acceptable. With Jesus as the captain of the host, we will be victorious.

No comments: