12/6/07

Deck the Halls

Well, we’ve begun a new tradition at the Bledsoe house that we’ve never done before, outside Christmas lights. I have been very reluctant to do this because it just seems like it’s not a good use of time and energy. My children have been relentless in wanting to decorate and with my wife finally succumbing to their pressure we are doing it this year. Last night the kids and I got in the yard and began to put them up. I learned quite a bit about lights last night and have a new appreciation for those people who have yards full of stuff that everyone likes to drive by to see. I learned that I needed to start at one end and go to the other and not start in two places even it that looks easier. I’ve also learned that you need to plan, it will not just work out. I also learned that it is a lot of fun to do things with your kids that they enjoy and seeing them happy is one of the greatest things in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your latest entry has brought back many good memories I have of decorating our house with christmas lights and ornaments. We would always add a little more each year. We always had fun doing it. After Zoie passed and with Jot getting older I didn't think I would put them up again. As time got closer I couldn't bare the thought of that little girl looking down from heaven and not seeing our house lit up. We put them up and actually had a good feeling about it. We will not get to it this year because we will be enjoying christmas in New York City. My advice to all parents would be to take the time to decorate your home with your children. You will treasure the memories for a lifetime seeing the excitement in their hearts and the smiles on their faces. Thanks for bringing back some good memories for me Scott. To all, we wish you a very "Merry Christmas" and a "Happy New Year".
Darrin, Trudi, Jot and our angel in heaven, Zoie Willeford!!!