2/14/08

Amy’s Funeral Today







Today Vanessa and I will go to Bethany North to participate in Amy’s funeral. It’s going to be a bittersweet day. I’ve watched Amy grow up from a child into a young lady. I remember one time Randy and Beth asked me to go with them on a trip to Colorado and I ended up babysitting for Amy and Angie when they were just real young. Talk about funny, a 20 something young man babysitting 2 young girls. We played Connect Four and they would cry because I wouldn’t let them win. Early in their lives they lived next door to my sister and her husband and we watched her grow tall into a young lady. I remember that once we were in Dallas where she was interning at a ritzy women’s boutique and several of us met her for dinner at P.F. Changs. She was always into fashion and style that was Amy. I watched as she and Joel began to spend time together that of course ended in their marriage. We were honored to be a part of that ceremony in St. Thomas. I remember spending time with the Stockstill family and thinking how blessed she was to be moving from a great family into another great family. I watched from a distance as she and Joel stepped into ministry and it was awesome to see God take a girl and see her become a woman of God. She always honored us even though we only pastored her for a short time of her life. She loved Vanessa and Vanessa loved Amy. We were blessed that she was a part of our lives and rejoice that she is with the Lord. At the same time our hearts go out to Randy, Beth, Andrew, and Angie as well as Joel and his family.

2 comments:

Brandi Bridges said...

Amy's funeral was the most beautiful, yet most emotional service I have attended. She was a special jewel. I am thankful to have so many wonderful memories with her family, and I will always cherish those special times I spent with Amy. Although it breaks my heart to see her family grieving, I know Amy is in a far better place.

Brandi Bridges said...

Amy’s funeral was the most beautiful, yet most emotional service I have ever attended. I am thankful for the precious memories I have from the times I was able to spend with her and her family. She was a special jewel. I will always remember her laughter and how she valued every moment of life. She was such a people person; someone you could always count on for support. Although my heart breaks for her family and friends left grieving, I know Amy is in a far better place.