3/4/08

Highlands Up Close

Wade and I traveled to Birmingham for Highlands Up Close where we spent 24 hours with their staff and senior pastor, Chris Hodges. Chris is a Louisiana guy that has built a phenomenal church just on the edge of Birmingham. They were portable for 6 years or so and then last year moved into their first permanent church home. The facility is gorgeous but more than that God is blessing their church and they are reaching hundreds for Christ. Last weekend over 8000 attended church at one of their 4 campuses and over 8 services. The thing that I took away from our 24 hours there was their spirit of excellence and a passion for people. We also got to catch up with some other pastor friends from around the country and meet new friends. It is important for me to hear from those whom God is using as we continue to follow the Lord and see our own story unfolding at HOF. I am so thankful for Chris making himself available as we work to see God’s kingdom grow. I’m going to include of picture of some people there attempt to put the first video on my blog of a band practice that will give you a glimpse of their church.

No comments: