5/2/07

I Can’t Let You On That Roof

I had a most interesting experience today while checking on the progress of the new roof being put on our north campus. Having worked in construction during college and having an engineering degree, I felt like it is my duty to make sure we are getting what we are paying for. The foreman, a good man, told me, “I can’t let you on that roof”. After a highly animated and passionate phone call to the general contractor I was allowed to see the progress and satisfied that all was going according to plan. My point is that often time the devil will try to tell us, “you can’t do that” when we know good and well that we have the authority in Christ. Knowing who you are and what you can do is as important in living for God as in business. Psalms 103:2 encourages us to not forget all of His benefits which the psalm goes on to list. Forget means to lose the use of. God has given us some good stuff; don’t let anybody talk you out of it.

No comments: