4/19/07

My Little Lizard


Here is a pic of my youngest son, Nathan, dressed in his lizard costume and a classmate for their class chapel today at our school, Faith Academy. I asked one of the other fathers, “I have a lizard, what do you have?” He had a butterfly. There is a special pride a parent feels when you see your child on stage that is hard to describe but if you’ve ever felt it then you know what I’m talking about. I get more satisfaction seeing him do well than I have when I do things. After you have children, your life changes and you experience success as much in what they do as what you do. It’s a lot like that in God’s kingdom. Our interns just returned from a mission’s trip to the Dominican Republic and I spoke to the man who set up the trip. His report of them was so positive, and I was proud to hear how well they did. Charles said, “Kayla Jo is a preaching machine and Rob is a great preacher.” He told how they have a servant’s heart and they were much better to travel with than whiney pastors. I am so proud of Nathan, as I am of all of my children, and I’m proud of our interns, I want God to be proud of me. A wise child brings joy to a father; ….. Proverbs 10:1

No comments: