4/4/07

Morning prayer is so much fun

Today, Wednesday, was so much fun at prayer. I know that sounds weird, prayer is not supposed to be fun is it? We have such a good close faithful group that we know each other well. We get challenged together by reading the scripture and hear each other’s hearts as we pray. I feel like I’ve really gotten to know them and I appreciate the closeness. As we read some of the writings of Paul in his letter to the Roman church I am always touched in my heart by Paul’s habit of saying hello to all of his friends at the end of the letter. He uses names, and I wonder who these people were that the great apostle would call them by name. That’s one of the great things about being a part of HOF and ARC, and being a part of the family of God, I know people by name and I know their hearts and deeds. Jesus spoke such truth when He explained that the gospel could be summed up in 2 thoughts: loving God and loving people.

No comments: