4/10/07

Making Hard Decisions

As all of you by now know, Easter in the Park got cancelled because of weather. Probably some the hardest decisions I have to make are these kinds. On the one hand, we’ve gone to great trouble to get people on board and things arranged while on the other you are concerned about whether the people who we are trying to serve will come. Ninety-five percent of the decisions that we have to make could be made by an educated 16 yr. old, but it’s those last 5% that make or break you. I’ve had to make some big decisions by this time in my life and it’s good to have a strategy in place to guide you. Wise counsel, the facts, hearing God’s voice all play a part in the choices we make. To be honest with you, I personally was bummed out by canceling the meeting. In my heart I know we did what was right. I was so inspired when I saw the church working together, young to not so young, to accomplish a common God given goal. I feel like such a spirit of unity and purpose guides us now at HOF. I know that we can do anything God asks of us, and it’s time to set our sights on what’s ahead and not where we’ve been. The best is yet to come for you and for me and for HOF.

No comments: