4/3/07

XG Interns at my house

Last night Vanessa and I hosted all 11 of the interns who are nearing the end of their term for the spring plus Rob and Wade and their families. What a great bunch of young people who love God. Barry and Rhonda Carpenter came over to help us serve the interns and Barry and I grilled steaks while the ladies took care of everything else. It was a great time, and I don’t look forward to feeding 4 teens when mine are all that age. They are a good blend of those whose families have been at HOF for years to those who are the first in their families to receive Christ. It looked like spring training for a baseball team in my backyard as my oldest 2 boys had the intern boys throwing the baseball. No matter how old a boy gets, we all like to throw balls. After the meal, I shared some of Mike Murdock’s info about being a “Protégé”. I feel better about the tomorrow of the church knowing that young people are serious about giving a year to find out about ministry and God’s dream for their lives. If success is having a successor, then XG is a huge success. Wade and Rob, and the whole team do a great job. These interns have served well over the last 9 months and we wanted to tell them thanks for having a heart to serve.

No comments: