9/4/07

Aliens in a foreign land.


I got the opportunity to attend the LSU opener in Starkville, MS last Thursday night with some friends of mine from TFC in Lafayette. Had a great time hanging out with them talking football and church and life. I was a guest of my friend Jay Miller. It was my first away LSU game to ever attend and I definitely had some thoughts about the experience. We were all decked out in our best LSU shirts and hats so we stood out in the midst of all the maroon and white and khaki. It made me think about the fact that we are really aliens here on earth once we’ve accepted Christ and become citizens of Heaven. We got funny looks and some funny comments because we were dressed in purple in a maroon world. I think that is pretty similar to what we find when we live “forgiven” in a “needy world”. How we conducted ourselves often determined how the maroon people felt about us. Most were gracious and kind as were we. There was some good-natured back and forth about fball, but that was to be expected. It is amazing how living the life of God makes one stand out to what is “normal”. I don’t want to be different because of what I wear or what team is my favorite but for how I love, how I believe, how I live life.

No comments: