4/17/08

Back from the ARC


Vanessa and I ,as well as 9 second year interns, Wade and Cynthia spent Sunday through Wednesday in Birmingham at the ARC conference. It was a rich atmosphere of leaders in the Church of the Highlands sanctuary. Brian Houston, lead pastor of Hillsongs, was the featured speaker for the conference. His passion for the local church and gift of leading really spoke to my heart. I was challenged and dare I say changed during my time there. The second year interns served selflessly and were great. We all enjoyed a meal at one of my favorite places, PF Changs. I attended this conference differently than others in the past. This time I wasn’t desperate for “stuff” I could tell our church, but was more interested in catching the spirit of those God is using in an effective way today. I’m so consumed with living out the vision that God has for HOF and I know that immersing myself in environments like that only feed that passion that I feel for God and encourage my faith to believe for more. We ran into many old and new friends. It was great to visit with Van and Jan Ducote again. They are doing great in Gulfport and such a blessing to be around. 10 sermons in 2 and ½ days and it felt like a blur. See you Sunday.

No comments: