4/30/08

Significant Church




Sunday afternoon Bud Plake and I drove to Houston to be with Jim Graff and discuss what it means to be a significant church. Jim is Joel Osteen’s brother-in-law and I believe it’s true that God works in families. Jim leads a great church in Victoria, TX and along with Joel they are some of the most genuine people in the world. They both speak so highly of John Osteen, founder of Lakewood and several years deceased. One of the great things I noticed in my short visit to Lakewood was the love that there was in that house for God and for others. We were treated with such kindness and love that made it tangible. My father baptized in the spirit at Lakewood Church under John Osteen 35+ years ago, so we have some history with that church. We got a tour of the new facility and truly it’s amazing what God is doing in Houston and around the world. It’s encouraging to see the next generation step to the front and take their place in serving their communities and the world. I am planning to host a Significant Church conference at HOF sometime in the future. I really have a heart to serve pastors in this day and time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings, Brother Scott.
Nice blog...very interesting.
I am internested in the plans for a significant church conference. Sounds interesting.

Keep us in your prayers here in Mexico.

Blessings,

Roger West