5/15/08

The Dominican Cont’d
















On Sunday morning we attended a Haitian Church that spoke Creole French. Several of the interns spoke that morning, sharing how God has changed their lives. The worship was great even though I couldn’t understand any songs and I sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit there. They were such joyful and passionate people as they worshipped. The building as you can see was little more than a shack by American standards but you could tell that they had a spirit of excellence, which is the Holy Spirit, in everything that they did. I was amazed at how well behaved the children were and how nice the building was kept, everything painted and in place. I felt impressed that we, HOF, should invest in that church and so we have sent them money to buy land and build a building. It brings so much joy when we can be a blessing to others, and can’t wait to hear of them dedicating a new place to the Lord. We are so blessed here in the USA and I feel compelled to be a blessing to other people. I don’t believe there is a better way to invest money than in building churches that will impact their community. I want to bring back one of you Cajuns and have you talk French to that church some day.

No comments: