5/27/08

Someone’s gift encouraged me

I think it was Mother’s Day after church that someone I know well came up to me and told me that they had something from God to tell me. I haven’t always had the best experiences with this sort of thing, but I knew this person well and knew they loved God and loved Vanessa and I. The woman proceeded to tell me that she saw a storm coming, uh-oh, but that it would be alright. In fact, she said it was going to be good, better than alright. Well, I’ve remembered that word as I’ve dealt with different things, some personal, some church related. My point is that God thought enough about me to speak to someone who would speak into my life. It reminds me that God loves me and knows where I am in life. It also gives me hope that God is moving and all things are working for my good in Christ. I Cor. 12:7 says, “A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.” As we step deeper into this series on “Others” my desire is that the Holy Spirit will move in our lives in a new way so that we can help each other.

No comments: