1/16/08

Prayer is awesome




Jesus cleaned house in an infamous gospel account and said about his church, “My house shall be called a house of prayer….”. It’s been a great time of prayer each night for the 10 days of fasting and prayer as we are coming to the close of our fast. I feel like God has been doing some great things in my life as well as in the life of our church. To see the church getting together to pray is always a highlight of my life. We continue to have a morning prayer time on M-F from 6-7 a.m. in the sanctuary and you are invited to be a part of that. Praying is the best way that I know to learn to pray; it’s by hearing others pray and praying yourself that you develop a healthy and vibrant prayer life. It’s those times in the presence of God that revitalize and refocus us on being who God wants us to be and doing what He asks of us. I believe that we are going to see the answered prayers of these 10 days in the coming year. It may not look exactly like we thought, but I know that we will have because we have asked. It’s not too late to join us for the final few nights from 7 till 8 p.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I said for a long time, "I'm not called to prayer and intercession; just not my gift." Then I said to a friend, "How will I know-if I never pray?" We are all called to pray. It was a duty. Now it's a passion.