6/12/08

Father’s Day Men’s Retreat

I’m asking you all to pray for me as I’m going to be doing a men’s retreat for Mission Church in the Hammond area on Friday and Saturday. In fact it’s a very cool arrangement because my dad and I are both doing our first retreat together. I’ll be doing a service on Friday night and Dad will do a devotion on Saturday morning. My good friend Devon Pedeaux asked us to do this several month ago and I’m fired up about it. All the Bledsoe boys are going to Percy Quinn State Park where the retreat is being held and we are staying in one room. Me, Dad, and my 3 sons will get to spend some time together in the “woods” and lakes of LA. I love speaking to men about their walk with the Lord because men bring such a strength to the body of Christ. I’m going to challenge them to go to the next level as a man of God, as a dad, and as a husband. We leave Friday afternoon and return during the day Saturday. I guess Vanessa and Madison will just have to hit the mall, oh well. It’s no girls allowed, men only. No baths, just men. See you all on Father’s Day!

No comments: