6/24/08

Take Someone on Your Journey

This morning as I read from Acts 15 & 16 something jumped out at me from the scripture. Acts 15:37 says, “…that Barnabas ….wanted to take John Mark along with him.” Acts 16:3 says, “Paul wanted him(Timothy) to join them on their journey.” A characteristic of people who are going somewhere directed by the Lord is that they will want to take someone with them. I know that I always try to find someone to go with me especially if I don’t know what I’m getting myself into or don’t fully know where I’m going. John Mark was a person who had previously disappointed Paul, while Timothy was an up and comer in the church at Lystra. Barnabas was looking to bring John Mark along as a second chance effort, a reclamation project if you will. Paul was envisioning Timothy as the cream of the crop. I find it amazing how God uses different people with different views of “others” to reach everyone. I want my eyes open to someone that I can take with me on my journey. You never know where they will go after that.

No comments: