6/30/08

Payoff can take a while

Last Friday Greg and I were eating a late lunch at Cane’s when a young man approached and asked if I remembered him. His face was familiar but I didn’t remember the name. He said his name was Bobby and that I was principal when he attended Faith Academy years ago. He’d has served in the Armed Forces and was in the area living and had a 5 year old daughter that was cute as she could be. He was a big guy, very muscular and in great shape, you know, young. He said that I used to whip his butt when he was at Faith Academy. He also said, thank you for the whippings. He confessed that at the time it was unpleasant but now as he had grown older he understood what I was doing. He was very pleasant to talk with and I was so glad to see he had matured in every way and not just physically. It was great to see the payoff in the life of someone that I had the opportunity to invest in, even if it was discipline. He appreciated it and I’m glad now that I took the time to help him see that following authority is a great character trait that will help you in life. He said his parents had divorced and he doesn’t see his dad much. I invited him to MANUP, hope he come tonight. I’d like to invest some more into his life, this time as his peer, not his principal.

1 comment:

Daniel Oscar said...

Pastor:
Thank you for your help for the Church in Batey San Joaquin in Dominican Republic. The building will be ready for July 21.
Send me your email to send you some pictures. In Christ Pastor Daniel Oscar. danieloscava@hotmail.com